[Arriba] [Todas las Listas]

[no subject]

To: android-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kostya Vasilyev <kmansoft@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:33:08 +0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:34:29 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;; s=20120806; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :x-original-sender:x-original-authentication-results:reply-to :precedence:mailing-list:list-id:list-post:list-help:list-archive :sender:list-subscribe:list-unsubscribe:content-type; bh=OXDbJMdY7Xdx7GZ+PWvpyLfh3beitH4lriy8ypPWxjc=; b=UFupkLRIbEAHO5L+znUilEs1pmcf1MtY6t9+lC8068hmGEuBhS+dk/V23wHo5Z7R1M yDt1aZhqMRBgzktAUL2j80L3c+8oYI5aHa7hXaX+qxZXd/xclpBs1eGz8CANGm0gIEJb FcCsmQ8pV/vuryBUwKXXEPasnEt5RmgQAEQzDmqGVAEgmh1rTIebnDNIwRA+pI42TFXe 7zO6DGs8++bZHGjonyOpAVLT1HwYvIwMx6NQMAg7MX66lzPT7JuwgH6QIh9hGfOwDctP Hrg9kvOwbjvPhKeNXHSs9J4miqpaGiivRVpRPtT4glCBLSIZyCVcvjZ3svFlwAWloCcG DM3A==
Sender: android-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It looks like the wording conflates two addresses into one --

-- The address that will be displayed to everyone, even on the Google Play
web site, even to users who've not installed your apps... just anyone, I

-- The address that Google will use for contact, and which won't be shown
to random strangers on the web

Also I am unable to find anything about addresses in the linked Developer
Terms either (checked the current US English version).

Fortunately, Google Wallet / Merchant settings are still separate.

Don't think there is anything to be done here -- Google is being forced by
the EU to comply with its laws.

The execution is pretty terrible, in my opinion, but I just don't see
Google or the EU backtracking on the requirement itself.

-- K

> Ok, the day arrived. The "Physical address" field is live in the developer
> console.
> Below the field you'll find this:
> *Please provide a current, valid postal address where you may be
>> contacted. If you offer apps or in-app items for sale, you are required to
>> provide a postal address under our developer terms
>> <> and
>> consumer protection laws; failure to do so may result in the suspension of
>> your account and/or sales of your apps. Please ensure that you keep these
>> details up to date if they change. By providing your email or postal
>> address information, you confirm that you consent to Google publicly
>> displaying or disclosing that information in connection with your apps. *
> "You are required to provide a postal address under our developer
> terms...". Alright, the terms DON'T mention this nonsense at all! At least
> in the Spanish version.
> I think I'll put something there, not sure what... Time to start a
> petition or something like that?
> El lunes, 29 de septiembre de 2014 09:50:34 UTC-3, Jose_GD escribió:
>> Ha, I've seen those "awesome" news too. Answering what I guess:
>> 1. Email, because Google encourages users to use comments in Play Store
>> alongside ratings and email to ask for support
>> 2. Google will examine support inquires after users complaining of an
>> unsatisfactory answer. If they think it was urgent, they will email the dev
>> with this: "Hey, this was an urgent matter, please answer now to not risk a
>> dev account cancellation"
>> El viernes, 26 de septiembre de 2014 10:14:36 UTC-3, Kostya Vasilyev
>> escribió:
>>> But wait, there is more.
>>> New developer policy -- from September 25 -- has this (new):
>>> For paid Products or in-app transactions, you must respond to customer
>>> support inquiries within three (3) business days, and within 24 hours to
>>> any support or Product concerns stated to be urgent by Google.
>>> Does anyone know if:
>>> 1 - They mean Google Play comments or email?
>>> 2 - How will the developer know that a particular support request was
>>> "stated to be urgent by Google"?
>>> -- K

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.